The writing PD we had this week was truly outstanding, and I hope you were able to get something from it. When I have information from Andrew, I will be sure to share it out and put it on the Share Drive for everyone to have.
Not every week is an easy week in education, and I thank you all for the hard work and dedication you put into educating our kids. Andrew's comments about our kids during our ERW session are true--he wasn't just giving compliments for the compliments sake; his assessment was genuine. He shared the same sentiments with me in private: Our kids are awesome, and it is a direct reflection of their teachers. Well done!
Remember...
WE are Bolich
Staff News
Be sure to let me know if you have news to share!
Students as Learners
Congratulations to Wendy Thomas on having one of her 6th-grade students received honorable mention for her anti-drug poster at the Summit County Safety Poster Contest sponsored by the Prosecutor's Office.
Congratulations to Ken Marquette and Amy Bertleff on having combined total of 10 student accepted to the District VI honors band or choir. Those students will be missing school on 11/19 to rehearse with top students from other schools across the area. Congratulations!
Hats off to Kelly Walmer for organizing one heck of a school dance, and thank you to the MANY of you who graciously volunteered to stay and chaperone. I was thinking to myself the other day that kids don't smile enough at school anymore. We didn't have that problem on Friday!
News You Can Use
Reminder: Discipline Assemblies during AEI next week. These will take place in the cafeteria so that AEI activities can still happen in the gym. Care and I will be calling grade levels down during AEI to review behavior expectations.
| 11/4/2015 | 6th grade boys | |
| 11/5/2015 | 6th grade girls | |
| 11/6/2015 | 8th grade boys | |
| 11/9/2015 | 8th grade girls | |
| 11/10/2015 | 7th grade boys | |
| 11/12/2015 | 7th grade girls |
Visitors in the Building
This coming week, we will have observers in ELA classes from the University of Akron. Check the email I sent previously with information about which college students will be in which room.
Also this coming week Thursday and Friday, Care and I will be hosting an intern from Ursuline College's Educational Administration Program. We will be trying to get into your classrooms to show some off some of the great things you are doing.
Upcoming Events
11/3 - NO SCHOOL
11/5 Staff Meeting: This will be a safety focused meeting, with new fire drill plans shared and a presentation and Q & A with Officer Dennis
11/5 School Board Meeting - Top Tiger Presentations
11/9 - Extended Homeroom: We will extend homeroom by about 10 minutes on 11/9 to allow for student training on new fire drill procedures.
11/12 - Fire Dill @ 10:50 AM.
11/12 - PBIS Meeting After School
11/12 - PTA Meeting @ 6:00pm
Click HERE to view our full calendar of coming events.
Video Worth Watching
I've always loved this video. As your self as you wacth: What am I doing to be this teacher each and every day?
Upcoming Events
11/3 - NO SCHOOL
11/5 Staff Meeting: This will be a safety focused meeting, with new fire drill plans shared and a presentation and Q & A with Officer Dennis
11/5 School Board Meeting - Top Tiger Presentations
11/9 - Extended Homeroom: We will extend homeroom by about 10 minutes on 11/9 to allow for student training on new fire drill procedures.
11/12 - Fire Dill @ 10:50 AM.
11/12 - PBIS Meeting After School
11/12 - PTA Meeting @ 6:00pm
Click HERE to view our full calendar of coming events.
Video Worth Watching
I've always loved this video. As your self as you wacth: What am I doing to be this teacher each and every day?

No comments:
Post a Comment