Saturday, September 19, 2015

September 18, 2015


Thanks for working through another great week at Bolich.  The week started with a very successful fundraiser at Chipotle for our PTA.  Have you joined PTA yet?  Things are ramping up a bit in the student discipline department, as we had to issue our first suspensions of the year this week.  I always hate suspending kids from school and I hope it continues to be a rare event for us.  As our students continue to grow more comfortable, let's not forget the basics of PBIS.  Continue to take a few minutes from time to time to reteach basic expected behaviors and procedures so they continue to be just that, basic and expected.

Thanks to the staff who helped patrol the 7th graders leaving the cafeteria on Friday as well.  We gave MANY PAWS tickets to those students doing the right things and were able to identify those struggling and take the opportunity to reteach.  I plan to do the same thing on Monday.

This coming week looks to be business as usual except for OTES conferences and my desire to conduct a "Place and Secure" drill.

You continue to do a great job delivering a first-rate education to our customers. Thanks for all you do!

Students as Learners

Russ Pier's classes learned about the laws of motion first hand--by experiencing a near death blow from a bowling ball!  Thanks for getting kids ENGAGED in learning!








As great things are happening in your classrooms, send me pictures so I can share it out.  Alternatively, let me know when you have a blockbuster lesson planned, and I'll try to get in and publicize it for you.  I love to share when great things are happening in our school.  

I continue to be amazed by the work being done both late into the evening at school, but also at home.  Some people stay at school and work into the evenings while others head home and work for hours once they get there.  Whether you burn the evening oil in the building or at home, thank you for all you do above and beyond the minimum.  

I enjoyed getting into classrooms again this week, and a saw a lot of great teaching.  This week, I plan to spend a good deal of time watching how our co-teaching efforts are going.  I've seen many great examples of this already too!


News You Can Use

OTES Information:
Goal setting conferences begin this coming week.  People on my list have been given a link to sign up for an appointment slot next week.  

Place and Secure
Per Ohio Revised Code, we must conduct our first lockdown drill by December 1.  Given that the High School has already had to use some of their lockdown procedures, and given our high number of newer staff, I feel we need to try and get that done this coming week.  Stay tuned for more information on this after I contact the CFPD on Monday.

Forms for Deb
Please be sure you have all of your forms for Deb completed.  This includes staff emergency medical forms, directory information, and any other paperwork that might be missing.  


Articles and Blogs Worth Reading


To Teach Students First



Video Worth Watching:



Upcoming Events:

9/23: 3:05pm FAC


Click HERE to view our full calendar of coming events.


No comments:

Post a Comment